I finally got myself a Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) scholarship. It is under their Training for Work Scholarship Program (TWSP). I am currently taking Computer Systems Servicing NC II.
During our first week, we were introduced to basic Occupational Health and Safety (OHS). The orientation ensures that we will guided properly in our computer laboratory activities.
We were given six (6) points to remember as we tinker things at school:
- Prepare materials/components needed
- Do 5S (Sort, Systemize, Sweep, Segregate, Standardize)
- Apply ESD (Electro-static Discharge)
- Use proper tools
- Handle every components with care
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Then, we proceeded to learning basic PC hardware peripherals.
Before the weekend was over, we were so busied disassembling, assembling, cleaning, and minor troubleshooting tower types PCs.